Loom is an award-winning digital marketing agency based in central Bristol, but you can choose to work in the office, from home, or a mixture of both. We’re passionate about transforming businesses through innovative digital marketing strategies, bringing together SEO, Content Marketing, Biddable media, and Social Media.
With an agency emphasis on collaboration within a supportive culture, we help businesses build a digital presence that works commercially for them. We develop bespoke strategies that help our clients achieve their growth goals.
We actively invest in our people at Loom, helping them become the best they possibly can both in and out of work. As an agency, we’ve got exciting plans, and this is a perfect time to join.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced SEO expert to join our growing team in Bristol’s creative quarter. Ideally, you’ll already have cut your SEO teeth with experience in a similar role, at an agency or in-house.
About the Role
Working within the SEO and Content team, your work will help clients to achieve their business objectives. You’ll be joining an experienced team, but that shouldn’t limit your ability to make your mark on our SEO service.
You will devise and deliver targeted SEO work across our 4 pillars of SEO: search, technical SEO, backlinks and user experience. As an SEO expert, you’ll be responsible for project research, delivery & analysis. Ideally, you’ll feel as comfortable writing title tags as you do carrying out a full keyword research project or running technical audits to identify technical onsite SEO improvements.
You will be required to work on stand-alone SEO projects, as well as on projects that form part of our integrated digital marketing service.
SEO within Loom
- Keeping up to date with changes in the SEO industry including algorithm updates & changes to Google’s approach to search, communicating these with the wider team and ensuring our offering remains market-leading.
- Assisting with new business pitches, communicating value of SEO to prospects
- Support the development and ongoing improvement of our SEO service
- Communicate with various client stakeholders around the role of SEO
- Immersion into a client’s business, goals, target audience and market
- Developing on-going SEO strategies and identifying opportunities for new and existing clients to help achieve their business goals
- Conducting competitor research using a range of tools and analytical skills
- Creating and working with a sophisticated SEO strategy, taking into consideration intent mapping, site architecture and internal linking.
- Carrying out large scale keyword research, intent-based projects – including niche areas with limited searches.
- Creating SEO strategies that help businesses to achieve awareness throughout the marketing funnel
- Running regular technical SEO audits, prioritising fixes and working with client developers to resolve these issues.
- We use industry standard SEO tools such as Deepcrawl, Ahrefs and SEM Rush. We’re looking for someone who can read in between the lines of what these tools report, asking not just what, but why. We assess the impact of an issue and recommend the best course of action.
- Supporting with site migrations and new site recommendations
- Problem solving around indexation, crawl budget, site speed, and improving page experience considering Core Web Vital metrics
SEO delivery & optimisation
- Optimising a website strategically to meet a variety of search intents
- On-page optimisation including making amends to copy
- In-depth analysis of SEO performance, KPI measurement and reporting
- Handling and analysing large datasets to make informed decisions
- Inputting into intent-focussed content optimisation strategies
- Supporting the creation of SEO-driven content
- Proactive ideas on how to leverage SEO on an ongoing basis to meet evolving needs and unlock opportunities
Loom is looking for someone who is passionate about SEO and the ever-changing industry. As the role involves working across a number of client accounts, strong organisation and time management skills are a must.
We will provide full training to bring you in-line with the Loom approach and ethos but we’re also looking for someone who has experience of different ways of working, new ideas and methodologies.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, inquisitive, conscientious and creative with exceptional attention to detail. If you’re a considered and committed SEO expert, this role is definitely for you. Ideally, you’ll have at least 2 years’ experience in a SEO role.
At Loom, you’re empowered to take charge of your professional development and shape your role. You’ll be able to keep up with the fast-paced SEO world and be able to adapt work practices accordingly, driving our SEO offering forward.
We require each member of the team to take ownership of their work, proactively develop their own skills, and get involved in areas outside their job if required, in order to deliver a great service to clients. You’ll be exposed to all aspects of the delivery of our services, and receive high-level in-house training.
We’re looking for self-starters, who are highly motivated, able to work independently and not shy of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practice and up-to-date understanding of the direction of search
- Advanced knowledge of keyword research methods including a range of tools
- High proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Google tools including; Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Lighthouse (or web.dev)
- Knowledge of a range of SEO tools including Deepcrawl, SEMrush, Moz, Screaming Frog, Advanced Web Rankings, AHREFs.
- An understanding of HTML, JS and CSS and their impact on SEO
- Experience with various content management systems
- Experience of working across a range of clients including eCommerce, B2B and B2C
- SEO content/copywriting experience
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve problems
- Comfortable with using SEO to reach hard to find audiences
- An understanding of other digital marketing channels such as PPC, Social Media and Content Marketing, and how they impact SEO. You will be collaborating closely with experts in these areas.
- Experience of client reporting
- Comfortable with occasional client communication
- Agency experience is advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of schema / structured data
- Experience of international SEO
- Understanding of Page Experience Metrics including Core Web Vitals
We Offer You
We really want our team to love what they do. Our team is our most valuable asset that’s why employee satisfaction is at the heart of everything! We’re proud to have a supportive work environment that believes in a healthy work-life-balance so everyone can thrive and be the best they can be.
Although Loom HQ is based in central Bristol (right next to Temple Meads station), we’re a hybrid agency, meaning that you can choose to work in the office, from home, or a mixture of both.
As well as a competitive salary and an annual bonus, you’ll also get the recognition, rewards and benefits you deserve when you work at Loom. We’re dedicated to finding the balance between profit and purpose, as a company we always strive to do good for our team, our clients and the world around us.
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Flexible working hours
- Office/hybrid/remote working – you decide
- 25 days holiday per year (plus 1 extra day for each year of service, capped at 32)
- Company bonus
- Paid day off for your birthday
- Christmas office closure
- Company pension
- Personal development support & mentor scheme
- More Happi personal coaching service
- One day of paid leave for charity work and the opportunity to take part in our Illoominate schemes
- MoveGB membership or Dental Plan
- Supportive work environment & investment in training
- Early finish Fridays & Friday afternoons off in summer
Please send your CV to email@example.com and we will be in touch.
*No recruitment agencies at this time, please.